Saturday, January 25, 2014

Guido Valastro California Rental, Savoca Sicily, Orange Trees, In the Hills

Guido the manager gave me a key to the shop so that I could put my scooter indoors at night. It's close to the Hotel.  I said,"I'll tell my friends you trusted me with the keys.  All this equipment and cars."Guido, "You are an American. I trust you."   Paul, "I know what you mean"
 Vulcano Eatna has been erupting. I'll include a photo below.   These are pieces of ashes that landed in Taormina from an eruption 2 months ago.
It covered the town like a inch of snow only it was vulcanic ash.  No airplanes flew. It ruins the engines says Guido. 

 Me and my Chinese Vespa
In car rental shop after hours.  I park in here so it doesn't get stolen.  Guido's request.
The quality of light can make all the difference. I waited for the sun to  be partially obscured. See the soft edge of the shadow. Second level things can come alive sometimes. In full sun photos it can often look snap shot like. I've been lucky there have been clouds. This is up in the mountains. Savoca.



3 comments:

  1. Great pix so far PR! Love the ones with the contrast of sunlit stuff and dark sky behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken. The whole place is very photogenic.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place in the mountains. I guess I never thought of mountains in Sicily. But now we know...1/4 of the population live on the slopes of Etna.

    ReplyDelete