Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ti amo Ariel! Drama on the Circumvesuviana Train



Ti amo Ariel, Drama on the Circumvesuviana Train
Jan 22 2014
Who every Ariel is she sure is liked.  At three consecutive trains stations there was graffiti that said, "Ti amo Ariel!" I love you Ariel.
There was a little drama on the train this morning. My bad.  Hey I'm an American I don't know the lay of the land.  It went something like this.
A scruffy man said down beside me and the lady across of him made the sign of the cross.  I figure some kind of hoodlum kind of trouble was coming
our way.  Then this other dude came over to me and he said to me "Italian stuff and more stuff etc".  People turned and looked. He pointed up. He was
pointing at my luggage with was about to fall on the hoodlum's head. I said, "I'll take that down" he replied in English, "There is a policy about
large things up there they can fall down and hurt someone". The train was packed solid and I could barely stand and I stretch up and
yanked the thing out and knocked the ceiling light loose. So now the lamp is loose and it's swinging and hanging partly down. Then I sat down with a two large pieces

of luggage on my lap.  Stacked up they went above my head. The lady across from, not the sign of the cross one another lady, came to my rescue and put the larger of

the two down between our legs. We were sitting facing each other. I was a bit frazzled from almost killing the hoodlum and for breaking the train. I let out a loud
sigh and people smiled.  It seemed they were saying, "Chill dude. We are in Naples. This is nothing for us."  Indeed 5 minutes later, the light was still hanging
down the bulb feel out, but no one seemed to give it a second thought.  Caio!






   

4 comments:

  1. Hey buddy, watch that stuff. That good have easily been a diversion to distract you and steal something. Attenzione mi amico! Great photos! Can't wait for the show when you're home. Where's the pix of the scooter you rented. Please get one of you on a scooter in Italia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, I was on that train last year and there weren't ANY busted up light fixtures then. Take it easy on the furniture, guy, I'll be there in May and I don't want it all scruffy-like!

    You rented a scoot? Please tell all! Pics too pls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken. Oh.Good thinking. And it would have worked too because I was really distracted. Hmm I don't like being beaten by professional criminals. The scooter photos are buried in the blog somewhere. Also there are two videos. Let me see if I can like them.
    David: I'll try to be more careful for you! I don't want to be wrecking the joing all up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story! So funny. It reminds me of the drama you had in India almost being thrown off the bus in the middle of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete