Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sitting Still


I noticed you see more when you stand still. I've been walking for 2 hours in Massa Lubrense. It's. 3 o'clock Saturday and the stores just reopened. So I'm on my second coffee and I just if finished my formaggio pizza at a cool (stylish ) outdoor cafe. Actually it was a double espresso. Doppio. I joked with the waiter. I saw the bike racers and Sportster rider zoom by. Old Vespas and Fiats. 2 stroke PIAGGIO Apes. A man walking across the street with his arm around his daughter. Today I drove south along the coast and shot a ton of photos most after dark along the shore. This is from my cell phone - no internet in me room.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Sometime it is good to stand still and watch the world go by, as long as you dont stand there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, if I close my eyes I can hear the Apes putt-putting and straining heroically under the ridiculous burdens some of them haul, against all odds.

    Keep going. Make your way further south. Stop along the road to Amalfi and watch the sport bikes do the twisties along with vintage Vespas. What a life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VL: That made me smile. I pictured me rotting into a heap the stench would be great.
    DM: I haven't seen a single Ducati. It was explained that those are put away for winter.
    Have the people here are wearing winter coats and scarves they think it is cold. It's 56F.

    ReplyDelete