Monday, January 27, 2014

Looking closer, Lemoncello, Sicilian Coast at night, Pompeii photos

 I was looking at all the photos I took this trip.  There are hundreds of them.   I looked more closely at things in Italy because I was looking for potential photos. On one hand I might think "I sure spent a lot of time working on photographs. Perhaps I should have spent more time doing vacation kind of things."  But taking photos is what I do when I'm on vacation.  There is plenty of time for normal things too. I shop a little, eat a little and hang out with the locals some.  
 Down the East Sicilian Coast at night. That is Catania in the distance.  The monument is in Taormina up on the mountaintside.
 Rain and wind out the train window. On the train to Messina south of the  Amalfi Coast
 Pompeii puddle. I remove those chains in P. Shop.  This one might have some energy.
Pompeii mosaic in the horse stables area.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely night scene of the coast. I've never had Limoncella, you must have enjoyed it.
    Pompeii is so seriously ancient ruins - one of the great things to see, I bet. It kind of looks deserted. You had the place to yourself, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria. Si. It was off season and it was raining so mostly I was on my own. There was two tour groups of Japanese. And occasionally a grounds worker. The atmosphere was exciting. As soon as I went through the the ticket booth and walked in the grounds I thought, "Wholely _____! This is really something." It's like the Grand Canyon seeing photos is great but standing in it engages all the senses and scale and a sense of time or lack of time etc. So that walking back 2-3000 years in time has an unsettling feeling. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More stunning photos. You're setting the bar very high. Maybe too high. If I get one photo like these in May, I'll be very pleased.

    ReplyDelete